Sunday, September 26, 2010

when it rains it pours

Hey everyone, sorry its been a little while since I've updated. Its hard to find time to use the internet. I found a spot in my apartment where it works though so thats quite exciting! This past week has been interesting. I can't believe I've only been here for 2 weeks...it feels like 3 years. As you know I was moved up a level in the language this week and its been going okay I guess. I don't think I will ever get over my nerves and just speak. When I have to speak my mind goes blank and I end up looking and sounding like an idiot. We'll see what happens. I think I would like the class a lot better if I were taking my others classes along with this one. I have to wait 6 more weeks to begin my other classes.

I really haven't been up to much I guess. Everyday after school I hang out with people, eat out for dinner then come home and sleep pretty much. Not a very interesting study abroad trip :( I'm trying to find ways to make things better but I don't know what to do. I'm still extremely homesick (which I never thought would happen). Anyone who knows me will tell you that they are surprised to hear this as well. Right now, I would give anything to get on a plane and be home. I know I would regret it when I got there, but I still can't pretend like I'm having a super amazing time. Its just been alright.

Friday night was kind of a horrible evening. It was one of my friends last night in Venice, so were hanging out by school getting some dinner and having some drinks. That was fun. We all got cheeseburgers which was odd since we're in Italy! It was nice to eat something familiar even if they didn't taste exactly right. Anyways the evening turned sour when the conversation turned towards a discussion of accents. We were talking about accents we liked and doing impressions, etc. This girl decides to say that an American accent sounds unintelligent. When she hears it she can't take it seriously and bla bla bla. I think I let it get to me more than it should have but she didn't even realize that it was offensive. I don't know, all I did was sit there and try not to speak anymore. After that I left because I didn't want to be near her and because there was a break in the rain. On my way home I was angry and hoping the rain wouldn't start again. I was walking over a bridge and it was slippery and I fell down a few stairs. Awesome! Then about 10 seconds later it started to rain, like monsoon rain. So I was upset, very very very wet, and hurt from falling. Such an amazing evening. I went home and fell asleep almost immediately thank Jesus.

Yesterday, I really didn't feel like doing anything. I thought it was going to rain all day and I was prepared to just sit and watch movies in my room. It didn't rain and it was pretty nice outside so I decided I should suck it up and go do something. I had never seen the area around Arsenale so I decided to do that. I wanted to go to the Biennale but by the time I got there I wouldn't have had enough time to walk around and see everything. I am planning on doing that today.

Thats pretty much it. This week I've decided to dedicate my time to going to the museums and maybe Verona on the weekend so we'll see what happens. Sorry my trip has been so boring. Maybe it will pick up a little this week. Talk to everyone later.

Oh and some more pictures should be up later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment