Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I hate mosquitoes!

So the biggest problem I'm having with Venice, are the freakin mosquitoes. Anyone who knows my history with the little buggers knows that when I get a bite it swells up to the size of a quarter. Not fun! I didn't notice them until my host asked me if I had them in my room. I answered no but late in the evening I saw one. I didn't think much of one mosquito but when I woke up in the morning I had 2 bites on one arm and 3 on the other. Wtf! I've been killing about 5 or 6 a day since then. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with them.

Class has been going ok. Its pretty easy. I'm not alone like I thought I was going to be which is pretty great. A lot of the people in the class are only here for 1 or 2 weeks so I don't know what is going to happen after that. I've been talking to people more which is good. A lot of people speak English which is helpful lol. I do need to speak in class more. I tried to up my time today and I think it paid off. What I learned at Truman is slowly coming back to me.

I'm slowly getting to know the city and finding things that I like. I've become kind of obsessed with cappuccino. I've had one the past couple of days during the break between classes and they are oh so yummy. I've also been pigging out on gelato. So far I've had 6 flavors. I've found that I like the fruity flavors more than say the chocolate or the caramel. My favorite flavor so far has been peach. Mmm. I'm definitely getting some when I leave school today. You know you are jealous!

I'm really tired of walking everywhere. I know its good to do and you get to experience more of the city but its super exhausting doing it for like 6 or 7 hours a day. The bridges don't help either. I have to cross 5 or 6 on my way to school. The bridge right by the train station is massive and always crowded with people so that is always a frustrating one to cross. I'm hoping I get into semi-good shape with all this exercise. Eating gelato and drinking cappuccino is probably not good though so we'll see. Some fun things happen when walking though. There are dogs all over the place. A lot of the people don't put them on leashes so its fun when they come up to you. I saw a dog that looked just like mine which kind of made me sad :(. The most interesting thing that has happened when walking around was seeing two people fighting. I heard it before I saw it. The fight was between an older man and a man in his 30s maybe. I was walking along and I heard some screaming. I actually thought it was a kid screaming. When I saw a crowd I looked at what they were watching and there was the fight. I don't know what happened but the younger man was hitting the older man and he even pushed him all the way over. It was kind of scary. I wanted to stop and see what was going to happen but I just kept on walking.

Thats pretty much whats been going on. I'm sorry if its a little boring, can't really do anything about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment