Friday, December 11, 2009

final conversation illustration



i'm not very happy with myself on this one. i didn't spend near enough time as i should've on it. i liked the project from the beginning and really liked how my comp progressed. i ended up really liking the composition, the final execution was not what it needed to be. i waited til pretty close to the deadline to start and it worked against me. i decided to do the color work in photoshop because it worked out so well on my last cartoon assignment. i probably spent about 3 hours putting color onto the piece which i thought would be enough time but it is nowhere near what i imagined. i really like colors in the piece, they just need to have more depth. i attempted to add some in, but i guess i'm not very confident with the photoshop "airbrush" technique. needless to say, you will not see this in my final portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment