Monday, October 11, 2010

colors!

So its been like a week since I last updated and I'm very unsure what I talked about before so we'll see how this one goes.

Today is the start of a new round of classes. The school that I am at is set up a bit strange. They do sets of 4 week language classes and then they start all over. So last week I finished Level 3 and this week I'm starting Level 4. Eek! Time to start freaking out. I only have to do it for 4 weeks so thats only 20 classes. Then I will be finished with language and only have my other two classes. Ugh I don't know what I am going to do with all my free time. Friday night I read an entire book because I didn't have anything to do. It was a good Nicholas Sparks book called "The Lucky One." With some research on the net I found they are making it a movie and guess who is playing the lead. Oh come on just guess. Zac Efron! Thats right. I think he is completely wrong for the role, but we will see what he can do with the part.

Lets see...I guess I've been doing a little sightseeing. I went to the Palazzo Ducale last Tuesday (maybe). It was sooo cool. I didn't know what to expect but it was awesome. You would walk through these seemingly normal, small rooms and think oh this is boring. But then you reach the grand rooms and its fantastic. The walls are covered in these huge paintings, paintings that I would never be able to finish because I would get so pissed off at how long they were taking. Everything in the room is trimmed in this elaborate gold decoration. I could spend an entire day sitting in one room just looking at all the intricacy. Wow!

Wednesday and Thursday I began my art history and history of Venice lessons. I only have them each once a week for two hours so thats not bad at all. I've never really liked one-on-one teaching. I'm more of a lecture person because I can just fade into the background. This just me and the teacher thing is going to be weird, but I will definitely learn a lot more. I'll keep you updated.

Friday I read that book...boring.

Saturday I went to Murano, which specializes in working with glass. I only stayed for like 2 hours and didn't see as much as I should but there is always time to go back. I spent most of my time looking at the shops because I wanted to buy something for my parents. I ended up buying both of them a gift. Not very practical things, but I thought they were cool. I hope they like them, even if they are a bit pointless lol. That night when I got home I found Space Jam on tv! Yes! Of course it was in Italian, but it was still awesome to watch. I was really interested in how they would do the Looney Tune voices because they are so special to the characters, but they did a good job.

Yesterday, I went to Burano, which is known for making lace. I'm not really a fan of lace, but I wanted to see it anyway. It took like an hour by vaporetto to get there so I was a bit worn out when I arrived. I was expecting it to look very similar to Venice, just with a lot of lace shops. I was surprised to find that the houses were very brightly painted. In Venice, the houses are painted in earth tones, but in Burano the houses are rainbow colors. It was crazy. It was like in the Wizard of Oz when things go from black and white to color. God I hate that movie. Anyways, I just spent my entire time taking pictures of all the colored houses. When I got home I made dinner and found Varsity Blues on tv! Watching this movie in Italian was the most interesting thing I've ever experienced. Its not a great movie by any means but it fills time. This time it was utterly fantastic to watch.

I also bought a jacket yesterday. I needed a fall/early winter jacket. Its fake leather, grey, and very different from stuff I own. It was pretty cheap so I just went for it.

Meh anyways thats about it. Ciao, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment